2018 Le Festival's Ambassador
This year at Le Festival, the spotlight is on gastronomy. It’s a key feature of French culture and history, and because it had the ability to adapt to other cultures and cuisines, French gastronomy slowly became an international sensation. It is for this reason that our 2018 Le Festival ambassador had to represent French gastronomy through the world, and in particular Australia.
So, it should come as no surprise that our 2018 ambassador is none other than the spectacular one Michelin-star Chef Bruno Loubet! See his amazing skills in the kitchen first-hand throughout his cooking demo and masterclass. We guarantee they’ll transport you to his world of French gastronomy. There’s also a special prize in this year’s Raffle that gives you the chance to have him cook at your house for you and seven of your friends!
So, come to the 2018 edition of Le Festival to meet Bruno Loubet and have your world enriched by French gastronomy.
Who is Bruno Loubet
Bruno Loubet, a sensational chef, is the current ambassador of Le Festival 2018. Bruno has seen great success in his professional life; he’s been the Head Chef of numerous high quality restaurants, and received countless awards for his restaurants and those he opened in partnership with others. He also has countless cook books and has even appeared on a number of television shows, including the Masterchef franchise, BBC’s Hot Chefs, and Australia’s The Great South East.
After travelling back and forth from country to country, he’s now back in Queensland.
He purchased an acreage property in the Gold Coast hinterland with his wife Catherine, and plans to build a cooking school attached to an extensive vegetable garden. He’s strongly passionate about sustainability, and so he plans to teach students about the impact our diet could have on our health and the planet while still eating nutritious, mouth-watering food.
- Good Food Guide Young Chef of the Year (1985)
- Grand Prix Acorn Award Caterer & Hotelkeeper (1988)
- A star in the Michelin Guide (1990)
- Member of the Culinary Academy of France in Great Britain (1990)
- The Times Restaurant of the Year (1993 and 1995)
- Cook of the Year, title given by the Australian newspaper The Courier-Mail (2004 and 2005)
- Bistro Bruno Loubet named 3rd best restaurant in the UK by National Restaurant Magazine (2010)
- Grain Store named Sustainable Restaurant of the Year and ranked 9th Best Restaurant by National Restaurant Magazine (2013)
I’m so honoured and happy for being asked to be the 2018 Le Festival's Ambassador. Australia is now my country and i love it. Australia has been built by people fo many different cultures, giving it its fantastic rich uniqueness. Every culture evolves in time and i cant wait to share my background, old and new at Le Festival.